We have a young semi-senior who is now, frankly, no longer junior enough to do the preparatory work required by the accountants prior to them producing company accounts for clients, and the qualified accountants simply don’t have enough time in their days.
So we are looking for someone over 18, with little or no experience, that can be trained up, as our semi-senior was. They would need to have either Maths or Business Studies A’ Level, and some AAT would be beneficial.
Duties to include:
- Writing up and analysing bank payments and bank receipts from bank statements on Excel and reconciling bank
- Book-keeping on behalf of clients using Excel spreadsheets
- Book-keeping on behalf of clients on software such as Sage, Quickbooks, Xero etc
- Preparing VAT Returns either using software or Excel spreadsheets
- Preparing sole trader accounts
- Assisting more senior accounts staff in preparation of Limited Company and partnership accounts
- Must be prepared to muck in and help any team member within the office as and when required
The idea is for the junior to learn the basics fully before moving on, to ensure their accounting skills are strong at every step of the way as they go through the ranks.
If you are interested, or know anyone who might be, please get in touch.